The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) is cracking down.
Organizations that wish to do prime or subcontract business with the DoD – or hope to hold on to their current contracts – must comply with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). Sophisticated government contractors will also benefit from using higher maturity levels as a differentiator to tighten procurements and increase their chance of winning.
MBL is a DoD CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) and a Registered Provider Organization (RPO).
The CMMC program is a DoD-wide supply chain security initiative that impacts many members of the Defense Industrial Base (DIB). The CMMC takes a maturity-level approach to cybersecurity. Especially sensitive or complex programs will require more advanced maturity levels. The DoD is setting the stage, with federal civilian agencies likely to require CMMC compliance in the coming years.
Some of our CMMC services include:
- Advisory: Consultation and training to help interpret the impact of CMMC in your organization. We perform readiness reviews and gap analysis on your organizational environment to create a roadmap to your desired CMMC maturity level.
- Remediation: Subject matter expertise to help close your Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M). These activities include, but are not limited to, developing security documents, resolving threat and vulnerability assessment findings, cloud architecture and engineering, and technology implementation.
- Assessment: As a certified C3PAO, we are authorized to perform CMMC assessments. These include readiness reviews and planning through the assessment and certification process.
MBL builds scalable cybersecurity programs that efficiently achieve compliance and support short-, medium- and long-term business goals. We specialize in helping companies address DoD cybersecurity compliance requirements. Larger organizations or companies that require complex security engineering support to achieve compliance benefit most from our technical DoD security expertise.
Our approach brings the following:
- CMMC AB Certified Assessors and Registered Practitioners trained in the CMMC standards and practices providing assessment services or advisory services
- Dedicated, senior-level support, with staff averaging 10+ years of DoD-specific security experience and specializing in complex systems/technologies
- Skilled team to creatively engineer solutions that address compliance requirements without negatively impacting functionality
- An approach that quickly tackles known DoD hot buttons (e.g., encryption, hardening, etc.) to lay a foundation for streamlined implementation
- Expertise to map other current or pending compliance requirements to CMMC for a consolidated approach to enterprise compliance management
- Automated solutions to streamline paperwork and findings analysis
Q: CMMC is in flux. How do we know what we’re supposed to do?
A: While the framework is still evolving, DoD’s core security requirements and hot buttons are consistent. Our initial analysis of your security posture will focus on what we know DoD cares about. We then chart an actionable course towards achieving those requirements.
Q: What if we don’t have any internal security personnel?
A: We can provide any degree of support you need to achieve compliance. Our personnel average 10+ years of experience supporting DoD security. We can also provide any tools or monitoring capabilities you need to sustainably address these requirements.
Q: We already struggle with multiple compliance requirements. How can we add CMMC efficiently?
A: Great news! One of the core components of our service is an analysis that maps your existing compliance requirements to any upcoming mandates based on your unique business goals. We then come up with a streamlined compliance approach that efficiently satisfies multiple requirements.
Q: Will CMMC impact our current business processes?
A: Our team specializes in helping technically complex private-sector organizations navigate DoD requirements. We implement creative solutions that avoid impacting product/service functionality or business operations while staying with your budgetary constraints.