Customer / User Experience
Transformational products and services are designed to last. But many clever solutions fail to meet user needs, are impossible to maintain or both.
MBL’s customer experience (CX) and user experience (UX) teams apply scientific and statistical rigor to understand how an individual product, service or process impacts individual stakeholders. We then leverage that understanding to balance the desired stakeholder outcomes against creation of maximum value for the customer/end user, identifying specific, actionable recommendations for improving CX/UX.
Customer and User Experience Approach
Effective CX/UX testing produces statistically meaningful, repeatable results that generate insight. We follow a six-step process to assess CX/UX:
- Initial Research: MBL’s CX/UX Team researches the product, service or process under evaluation. We interview key stakeholders and the original development team to understand design decisions. When appropriate, we also conduct preliminary user interviews.
- Stakeholder Identification and Engagement: While focused on customers and users, modern CX/UX must also consider a bigger picture. User satisfaction depends not just on ease of use and pretty interfaces, but on ensuring that products and service rest on secure, scalable, maintainable ground. So we involve stakeholders across your organization, your partners and your supply chain to ensure that CX/UX design supports their needs too.
- Planning: CX/UX tests must be planned in granular detail. From legal considerations (e.g., NDAs) to selecting representative populations and streamlining tests to reduce impact, we plan rigorously to provide the foundation for successful CX/UX testing. During this process, we also generate experiments and hypotheses to guide testing.
- Recruitment: Once a sample population is identified, we recruit representative members willing to work with our CX/UX testing team. We address legal issues associated with participation, communicate expectations and answer any questions that participants might have.
- Participant Interviews: We take time to understand each CX/UX test participant. We develop user personas summarizing who they are and what they do, and how they perceive the tested product, service or process.
- Testing: CX/UX tests are planned to the minute and executed with discipline by experienced CX/UX moderators. Tests conclude when all experiments and hypotheses generated during the planning phase are addressed.
- Analysis and Reporting: Good CX/UX reporting is actionable and accessible to diverse stakeholders, including product, sales, marketing, customer service and executive teams. It also describes the research with sufficient detail that it could be repeated by a validation team. In addition to producing reporting, we can embed with your teams to help them act on our findings and drive improvement.
- Stakeholder Partnership and Continuous Improvement: As part of the analysis and reporting phase, we engage appropriate stakeholders in the CX/UX analysis process to integrate their feedback and benefit from their perspective. We then partner with them to drive continuous, lasting improvement in product performance and user satisfaction.